Loved this book. It has transformed the way I think about presentations and pitches , or stories as I now think of them. I started using Peters ideas to good effect before I'd finished his book.
- a good story has crisis/challenge, struggle and resolution, and a hero
- create surprise by building expectation and then violating it
- look for a shared problem with your audience
- concentrate on the emotions you want your audience to feel to get their support, don't sell on dry facts, figures and logic - be authentic and lead from the heart
- get the essence right, not the detail. Empty spaces and ambiguity can be your friend.
- don't forget the call to action, make it part of the resolution
- the more your audience participates in your story by talking, the better
- bring high energy