My "Epic Book Recipe" Checklist for The Hunger Games:
1. A sharp and intelligent heroine with just the right amount of emotion who gives in to absolutely nothing and no one
2. A sweet and sensitive hero who loves and supports the heroine unconditionally
3. An original setting with a unique and thrilling plot
4. A couple of earth-shattering shocks every now and then to keep the readers' mind reeling
5. Extraordinary side characters from interesting backgrounds who possess the much-needed Voice of Reason and/or Humor in every crisis
6. Desperate circumstances that force me to bite my nails in anxiety
7. An ending that provides the perfect premise for the sequel but also concludes the present book
Like I said, EPIC.
For more reviews, visit my blog.